Thank you for my first nomination for the Liebster Award from the fab blogger and writer A. J. Lundetræ. I hope I can do the questions justice!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award
that have less than 200 followers
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
So, here goes!
- What was most awesome moment of your life as a writer till now?
Reaching the halfway point of my novel was a pretty great moment. I realised that, by putting my mind to it, the goal of actually completing the story was less daunting once I put the work in.
- Is there any particular destination you would love to travel to?
Egypt, but in the days before it fell to the Roman Empire. Failing that, Rome during the Roman Empire 🙂
- Which song makes you feel happy really fast?
That’s Me by ABBA, it’s light and fluffy but at the same time has quite empowering lyrics.
- What is the best advice you ever got?
Nothing that has ever stayed with me. I am good at giving advice though.
- What are the three most important items at your creative work space at home?
Notepad, laptop, thesaurus
- Do you prefer writing in a coffee shop or writing at home? Or somewhere else?
Definitely at home but as inspiration can strike anywhere I always make sure I have pen and paper handy to note down an idea that pops into my head, a snippet of conversation etc.
- What is your current read?
An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- If you were a colour, which one would you be?
- If you could have one magical power, what would it be?
Flight. It would make getting around so effortless!
- Do you have a favourite word(s)?
Yes, but I’m afraid it’s a swear word so I won’t repeat it here 🙂
- Which one of your hobbies / spare time activities is the most unusual one?
Nothing unusual I’m afraid. I’m quite pedestrian that way however, I love acting so take part in my local amateur dramatics which is a lot of fun!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’m a huge Muse fan and so far have seen them live eight times with the ninth coming up in April.
- I’ve been part of the audience feature on the Graham Norton Show. It was a lot of fun to be on TV for all of about ten seconds.
- I was once in a short film that went by the dubious title of “Got Arm Bitten Off By Tiger”. It was by students at a local college. The story was about a female artist whose last great piece of work was staging her own murder. I played the estate agent selling her house.
- I believe in ghosts. Having once lived in a haunted house I would be hard pushed to deny their existence.
- Pixar make the best movies in the world. I absolutely love them.
- I love animals but cats are my favourite. I can’t get enough of the little furballs.
- Just after Christmas 2014, I became vegetarian. It’s a lot easier than people think. The hard part is some people’s attitudes towards it.
- Having braces when I was about 8 years old has left me with a lifelong lithp 🙂
- I love sunrises. They’re an amazing natural anti-depressant with their glorious pinks and oranges.
- I’m an atheist. I believe organised religion has been the germ for a lot of the world’s problems.
- I was bullied at school and hope that by making a success of my life I can be an example to others that it doesn’t have to drag you down.
As this is a new experience for me I’m nominating those blogs I hope will enjoy this and get something out of it. I also apologise if you have been nominated before or don’t have the time to partake. I have tried to come up with some thought provoking questions and look forward to reading the answers 🙂
- Who would play you in a movie of your life?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Have you ever met one of your heroes only to be left truly disappointed?
- Try anything once or comfort in familiarity?
- If you could learn any language, which would it be?
- What’s your idea of writing heaven?
- Do you consider books to be works of art?
- If you weren’t a writer, what would you be doing instead?
- Home cooking or eating out?
- Place in a book you’d love to visit in reality.
- Cinema or Theatre?
Thanks everyone for reading this, have a fabulous weekend!